||The event that empowers children to save for their future, one step at a time
What is Walk Into My Future?
This important pledge event helps young students and their families save for higher education.
- Families take the first step - starting a CollegeChoice 529 account
- Family, friends, and neighbors make pledges to help the college fund grow
- Each student performs an activity with friends and classmates (like walking 5.29k) to "earn" the pledges and show their commitment to their future
- All pledges are deposited in the child's CollegeChoice 529 account as a foundation for future higher education costs
What is a 529 plan?
It's an investment plan designed to help families start saving now for tomorrow's higher education expenses. Benefits of CollegeChoice 529 include:
Learn more about CollegeChoice 529.
- Tax advantages
- Professional investment management
- More ways to save, like Ugift® - Give College Savings and Upromise®1
Why is Walk Into My Future so important?
- Higher education is one of the best paths to future success, but college is expensive (so are community colleges and vocational/technical schools)
- The more families save now, the less they may have to borrow for school later
- The more a community shows it values higher education, the more likely its children will attend college
Make Walk Into My Future a success in your community!
1 Upromise is an optional service offered by Upromise, Inc., is separate from CollegeChoice 529, and is not affiliated with the State of Indiana. Specific terms and conditions apply. Participating companies, contribution levels and conditions subject to change without notice. Transfers subject to a $25 minimum.
For more information about the CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings Plan ("CollegeChoice 529"), call 1.866.485.9415 or visit www.collegechoicedirect.com to obtain a Disclosure Statement, which includes investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses, and other important information; read and consider it carefully before investing. Upromise Investments, Inc. ("UII") is Distributor of CollegeChoice 529.
If you are not an Indiana taxpayer, consider before investing whether your or the beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in such state's qualified tuition program.
CollegeChoice 529 is administered by the Indiana Education Savings Authority (Authority). UII, the Program Manager, and its affiliates, have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations, including investment advisory, recordkeeping and administrative services, and marketing. CollegeChoice 529's Portfolios invest in: (i) mutual funds; or (ii) an FDIC-insured omnibus savings account held in trust by the Authority at Sallie Mae Bank. Except for the Savings Portfolio, investments in CollegeChoice 529 are not insured by the FDIC. Units of the Portfolios are municipal securities and the value of units will vary with market conditions.