||Thank you for helping Indiana families save for college!
By helping organize the Walk in your community, you're creating an opportunity that can change lives. It will inspire children to take pride in their future, while showing families that they can save for the future.
The Walk is a do-it-yourself pledge event, but don't worry...there are materials in the Toolkit to support you. Here are some pointers on organizing, promoting, and executing your event.
- Decide what kind of event you'll have (i.e., a 5.29k walk, reading 529 pages, solving 529 math problems, etc.) and pick a date/dates and location. Then notify CollegeChoice 529.
- Reach out to volunteers to help you execute the event; communicate often and make sure that everyone has the resources they need to make the event a success.
- Download the "Walk Planner" to help you and your team stay on track through every phase.
- Send a letter to families about the upcoming event
- Help families learn about - and how to enroll in - CollegeChoice 529.
- Promote the event on your website and link it to walkintomyfuture.com/indiana.
- Invite a CollegeChoice 529 representative to hold an informational workshop.
- Help families get started: Send out "How to Enroll and Pledge" and "Pledge Tips." If parents don't have access to computers or need extra help, organize an "Enrollment Night."
- Order or download posters to hang up in high-traffic areas.
- Plan saving for college activities into the days leading up to the walk.
- Remind the children and their families frequently about the upcoming event.
- Consider alerting the local media about the event - the Walk makes a great photo op!
- Put feet to pavement and Walk Into My Future!
- After the event, celebrate the students' success by awarding each a certificate. (And remind them to send out thank you notes for pledges!)
- Follow up with CollegeChoice 529 - let us know about your success!
For more information about the CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings Plan call 1-866-485-9415 or visit www.collegechoicedirect.com to obtain a Plan Description and Participation Agreement. Investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses, and other important information are included in the Plan Description; read and consider it carefully before investing. Upromise Investments, Inc., Distributor and Underwriter.
If you are not an Indiana taxpayer, consider before investing whether your or the designated beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in such state's qualified tuition program.
CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings Plan (Plan) is administered by the Indiana Education Savings Authority. Upromise Investments, Inc. serves as the Program Manager and Upromise Investment Advisors, LLC, provides investment advisory services and recordkeeping and administrative services. Upromise Investments, Inc. and Upromise Investment Advisors, LLC have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations, including effecting transactions and marketing and distribution of the Plan. Dodge & Cox; Frontegra Asset Management, Inc.; The Vanguard Group, Inc.; and Western Asset serve as Investment Managers for the Plan. The Plan's portfolios, although they invest in mutual funds are not mutual funds. Units of the portfolios are municipal securities and the value of units will vary with market conditions.